The Postal Service™ establishes effort-based indicators for continued improvement. These indicators include…
- Ensuring that SMWOBs are considered in the sourcing process, including consideration for prequalification and subcontracting opportunities.
- Attending and participating in business opportunities and trade fairs promoting SMWOBs.
- Holding advisory and debriefing sessions with SMWOBs.
- Participating in and sponsoring forums that provide suppliers an opportunity to receive additional guidance on processes within a commodity area.
- Expanding the types and numbers of source files and related resources used to identify qualified suppliers.
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining purchasing plans and commodity strategies that include SMWOBs.
- Understanding the current diversity of each category supplier base and taking specific steps to ensure the continued effectiveness of that base.
- Benchmarking results with other public and private-sector organizations.
Nothing in this Plan requires or permits employees that generate a requirement, approve a purchase, commit postal funds, identify or select suppliers, or manage a supplier relationship to grant preferential treatment to any person on the basis of race or gender.